Keeping Communities Safe
Illinois Sex Offender Registration Team
I-SORT Hotline: 1-888-41-ISORT (1-888-414-7678)
What is I-SORT?
In December 2003, Attorney General Madigan worked with law enforcement leaders throughout Illinois to create the Illinois Sex Offender Registry Team (I-SORT) to improve our state’s Sex Offender Registry. As a result of this initiative and the comprehensive recommendations of I-SORT, we have:
- Launched a statewide public awareness campaign to educate Illinoisans on the Registry and encourage its intended use as a community safety tool
- Increased the compliance rate of registering sex offenders to 93%
- Created Operation Location Unknown to receive information from the public on the whereabouts of non-compliant sex offenders
- Distributed more than 300 cameras to Illinois law enforcement agencies to obtain digital photographs of registering sex offenders
- Added information to the Registry detailing criminal history of registered offenders and whether they are compliant with Registry laws
- Translated key portions of the Web site into Spanish
- Drafted new laws requiring lifetime supervision for dangerous sex offenders
I-SORT also has a toll-free number to take phone-in tips about inaccurate or incomplete entries on the sex offender registry and to answer your questions about the registry law. If you have or need information, please call the I-SORT Hotline Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm. If you call afterhours, please leave a message and your call will be returned.
Return to Keeping Communities Safe
Return to Home Page