OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs responsible legal secretarial and clerical work requiring a basic knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures; types memoranda, depositions, pleadings, motions, rulings, pre hearing reports, orders, petitions, briefs and vouchers; plans, schedules, initiates and performs the clerical processing necessary for preparation of cases by staff attorneys; proofreads documents; receives and screens public by telephone and in person; makes appointments; arranges for transportation, accommodations and conferences; types attorneys' case reports and legal manuscripts and revises as necessary; composes and types correspondence involving application of policy as well as general or routine matters; maintains detailed files.
1. Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of 2 years legal secretarial or business college and 1 year secretarial experience or high school graduate (GED) and 3 years secretarial experience or related experience preferably in a legal services environment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Typing skills of 55 WPM with a high degree of accuracy.
3. Effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Physical ability to file and duplicate information which includes bending, stretching, stooping, and lifting of up to 15 pounds.
5. Ability to operate automated office machines and equipment (prior training or work experience on PC specializing in Word Perfect preferred).
6. Attendance is an essential function of this position.
HOURS OF WORK: 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. (Monday Friday)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send resume with cover letter to:
Send resume with cover letter to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Illinois Attorney General's Office is an equal opportunity employer. The Office considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability.